Best way to stream a sequence of MKV files

Paddy pat.blanchon at gmail.com
Fri May 17 04:43:21 PDT 2013

Hi All,

I'm looking to want to stream a sequence of matroska files (containing H264
video & AAC audio) over RTP -  with trickmodes & gapless playback.

I've tried playbin2-->enc-->pay-->rtpbin but playbin2 plays only the last
GOP in any mkv file that's loaded thru the about to finish signal.

I'm now looking at a 2 pipeline solution:
filesrc-->decodebin-->appsink   &   appsrc-->enc-->pay-->rtpbin
which is showing promise but I'm concerned about AV sync (presently I'm just
testing using video only mkv files).

I'm just wondering if there's a better way to do it that the above.

TIA

Paddy