GStreamer ARM cross compilation

Sebastian Dröge sebastian.droege at collabora.co.uk
Fri May 17 11:07:31 PDT 2013

On Fr, 2013-05-17 at 18:47 +0530, Deepak Jain wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am trying to cross compile "gstreamer-1.0.6.tar.gz" package on ARM.
>

> Here is what I did:
>

> (1) Extracted gstreamer-1.0.6.tar.gz
>
> (2) I already have ARM toolchain in folder toolchain and I already
> exported the path to /toolchain/bin
>
> (3) I already have ARM cross-compiled glib-2.0, FFI and ICONV with me
> and they are residing in folders glib, FFI and ICONV resp.
>

> Now I configure my gstreamer-1.0.6 with following command:
>
> #  ./configure --prefix=/<some_directory> --host=arm-linux-gnueabi
> CFLAGS="-I/glib/Inc/ -I/FFI/include -I/ICONV/Inc"

Hi,

just a short comment on this... you should set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH to
the directory that contains the .pc files for your target architecture
instead of passing CFLAGS (should be CPPFLAGS btw) for the include
paths.

Also relevant are PKG_CONFIG_PATH and PKG_CONFIG_SYSROOT_DIR, the
--sysroot parameters to gcc/ld.

What exactly is necessary for you depends on how exactly your platform
and toolchain is set up.