vorbis timeline

lestoilfante lestoilfante at gmail.com
Thu May 23 08:37:08 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I have a pipeline like this:

 gst-launch souphttpsrc ! jpegdec ! videorate !
video/x-raw-yuv,framerate=5/1 ! timeoverlay ! theoraenc
keyframe-force=5 keyframe-freq=5 ! oggmux ! filesink location=test.ogg

I can currently change filesink location dinamically each xx seconds
or minutes and all resulting files are fine with playbin, however the
timestamps in the second and later files seems to don't start from
zero because on some players, like vlc or by embedding the video in
html5 style on chrome , the playing will stall until so many seconds
have elapsed from previous files.

So I'm looking to figuring out how to avoid this, please help me if
you have any hints or solution.

Thank you