appsink to appscr mixes up color channels

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Sat May 25 16:00:29 PDT 2013

On Sat, 2013-05-25 at 15:49 -0700, Richard Cagley wrote:

Hi,

> I'm using videotestsrc and ximagesink and changing the patterns on
> videotestsrc and looking at the output. I also have some print
> statements to read the raw data pointers.
>

> What would cause this? I'm setting the caps like this...
>

> caps = gst_caps_new_simple ("video/x-raw-rgb",
>           "format", G_TYPE_STRING, "RGB",

Are you using 1.0 or 0.10 ? Those caps look like a mix of both.

In 0.10 it's
video/x-raw-rgb,endianness=...,{red,blue,green,alpha}_mask=..

In 1.0 it's video/x-raw,format=(string)xyz

Why are you creating the caps yourself anyway? Why not just forward/set
the caps you get on the appsink?

Cheers
 -Tim