Getting the wrong duration in mp4 segments

jlancaster jeff_lancaster at msn.com
Sat May 25 20:25:58 PDT 2013

I am recording live video to the hard drive in mp4 format. To keep things
manageable I want to break the clips into smaller segments, 1 minute
segments.

I am able to do this by blocking video on a pad in my pipeline and unlinking
from the blocked pad and hitting the sink side of the pipeline with an eos
event. All this works fine, except...

The duration of the recorded clips continue to increase with each subsequent
segment I record. In other words, although all clips are only 1 minute in
length, the duration value of the each clip increases in time.

How do I "reset" the time for each new segment so that the duration value is
correct for each clip?

-----
Jeff Lancaster