v4lsrc [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Sebastian Dröge sebastian.droege at collabora.co.uk
Mon May 27 00:15:32 PDT 2013

On Mo, 2013-05-27 at 13:43 +0930, Doran, Mitchell (Student) wrote:
> UNCLASSIFIED
>
> Hi Guys,
>
> Just want to clarify that there is no way to get the v4lsrc plugin
> back into gstreamer0.10?
>
> I can barely find any information on this and my firewire camera along
> with applications only support v4l not v4l2

You mean into gstreamer 1.0? v4l2 support was removed from newer Linux
kernels and is not really supported anymore since years, that's why it
was removed. It's probably a better option to port the v4l driver of
your firewire camera to v4l2 than to port and continue to maintain the
v4l GStreamer plugin.