v4lsrc [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Doran, Mitchell (Student) Mitchell.Doran at dsto.defence.gov.au
Mon May 27 00:35:24 PDT 2013

UNCLASSIFIED

That would make sense. I'm pretty unfamiliar with gstreamer. The
application I am trying to run tries to get a video stream from my
webcam using gstreamer v4lsrc or v4l2src.

Back to dv1394. Here is the command I have been trying, along with other
variations. (I have to hand type this because my Ubuntu machine has no
internet access at the present)

Sudo gst-launch-0.10 dv1394src ! Dvdemux ! Queue ! Dvdec ! Videoscale !
Ffmpegcolorspace ! Capsfilter caps="video/x-raw-yuv, width=320,
height=240" ! Xvimagesink Setting pipeline to PAUSED Pipeline is live
and does not need PREROLL Setting pipeline to PLAYING
Newclock: dvd1394 clock.

It stays like this until I stop the application. I can never actually
get a window to draw on X though and actually see my webcam feed. From
what I can gather Xvimagesink and ximagesink are supposed to draw a
window, is that correct?
I'm not getting any error messages so I am assuming that this pipeline
is getting my video into the sink, but where it is after that is beyond
the scope of my knowledge.

If I can get this dv1394src to work properly, I may be able to patch the
application I am running to take the video stream from this rather than
v4lsrc.

So, how can I actually see my video feed to test that my webcam is
working?

Regards,
Mitch