gst_element_set_state deadlock

adrien_sch adrien.schwartzentruber at gmail.com
Mon May 27 00:30:11 PDT 2013

Hello,

I'm working on the 1.0 Gstreamer version, and somethings I'm getting a
deadlock when I call the method : gst_element_set_state deadlock. I'm
calling this method from a different thread that the "bus" thread. Should I
try to do it from this thread ? How can I investigate this problem ?

This is my use :
   - A play a video file via playbin (pipe1)
   - External user intervention --> A display a RTSP Stream  (pipe2).
   - External user intervention --> A play a video file

As I said, I'm getting the deadlock after few cycles ( approx 10 times this
previous elements).