How to use "sbcdec" in Gstreamer1.0

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Tue May 28 11:36:09 PDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-05-28 at 13:19 +0800, 吕浩波 wrote:

Hi,

> I am a completely novice of linux and Gstreamer.
> I was make a subroutine to play sequence SBC frames.
> What should I do?
>
> I have do some test on Gsreamer-0.10 use "sbcdec",i have successfully
> play the sbc file.
> However i noticed that the "sbcdec" seemed removed on Gstreamer1.0.
> What should i do?

In GStreamer 0.10 we never shipped any sbcdec element as part of
upstream GStreamer. The 0.10 SBC decoder and some related elements were
part of the bluez-gstreamer module of the bluez project.

However, these elements have been removed recently in newer versions of
bluez. We have now moved them into the GStreamer codebase (into
gst-plugins-bad into ext/sbc/ and sys/bluez/ and
gst-plugins-good/gst/rtp/) in 1.0, but only in git master (the upcoming
1.1.x pre-releases and the upcoming 1.2.0 stable release), it is not
part of the current 1.0.x stable bug-fix series.

You'd want something like

 filesrc location=foo.sbc ! sbcparse ! sbcdec ! audioconvert ! pulsesink

or so (i.e. don't forget the parser in front of the decoder).

 Cheers
  -Tim