Cisco plans to open-source H.264 code, widen support for web-based video chat

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at mutualink.net
Fri Nov 1 07:17:57 PDT 2013

Last year Polycom announced that they would release their H264 CODEC as
open source. I haven't heard anything else about it other than to not
change resolution after the decoder starts (it crashed last year). I have
tried to get info about this but have not been successful. I don't know the
status. I guess that with h265 on the horizon (and maybe h266???) h264 is
'old hat'.

http://opensource.sys-con.com/node/2389173
http://www.polycom.com/company/news/press-releases/2012/20121008_3.html

Chuck Crisler