RTP stream: change the payload type

Elio Francesconi elio.francesconi at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 00:07:46 PDT 2013

Hi Sebastian,
digging with the issue I see a compatibility issue with the soft phone I’m using(Linphphone), it seems its vp8 decoder with name "WebM Project VP8 Decoder v0.9.7-pl” is not compatible with your encoder (I got gstreamer-1.2.pkg, you provide us)

And the only information I got was:
vpx_codec_decode failed : 5 Bitstream not supported by this decoder ((null))

People develop webrtc2sip server were having the same issue, I’ve found some threads about this issue
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/discuss-webrtc/xCxqzxopsDM/jIKtkA_StOgJ
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/doubango/OH-nOn5w-ng
They solved disabling extension in vp8 encoding #define TDAV_VP8_DISABLE_EXTENSION in
http://doubango.googlecode.com/svn-history/r796/branches/2.0/doubango/tinyDAV/src/codecs/vpx/tdav_codec_vp8.c

This is the header of the first packet I sent to the softphone
90:80:7c:10:32:00:9d:01:2a:a0:00:78:00:00:47:08:85:85:88:85:84:88…

If I’ve understood correctly these discussion, the header 90:80 is not compliant with WebM Vp8 decoder used linphone, because it cannot interpret such header.

What do you think? Have you experience on these compatibility issues?

Thanks
Elio