RTP stream: change the payload type

Elio Francesconi elio.francesconi at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 09:56:58 PST 2013

Hi Sebastian,
I’ll open a file bug, but before opening it I noticed that in the source code, in gstrtpvp8pay.c:39,
the default PICTURE_ID_MODE is 7BITS
#define DEFAULT_PICTURE_ID_MODE VP8_PAY_PICTURE_ID_7BITS
Unfortunatelly this configuration is optional, so that’s why It is not compatible with linphone.

I noticed also that in gstrtpvp8pay.c can handle VP8_PAY_NO_PICTURE_ID option flag that linphone expects.

Assuming that, recompiling this new header is accepted by the endpoint, should I change also the encoder option to handle this new configuration?

Do you think that this could solve my issue?

Thanks a lot
Elio