Reduce the scope of set_state?

Lautaro Woites lauchapc87 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 07:31:23 PST 2013

Hi all,
          I Have a pipeline with multiple inputs to a videmomixer:

filesrc location=test.mp4 ! decodebin2 ! queue2 ! videomixer name=mix
filesrc location=test2.mp4 ! decodebin2 ! queue2 ! mix.
filesrc location=testN.mp4 ! decodebin2 ! queue2 ! mix.

Then I encode and mux the stream:

mix. !  x264enc ! matroskamux ! filesink location=test.mkv

Later in a python program I change the filesrc and decoder on run-time.
The probem occurs when I change the state of one filesrc/decoder from NULL
to PLAYING
I've seen the logs and the state changes  are propagated to all the
elements in the pipeline.

This is a problem for me because sometimes I've had a filesrc/decoder on
NULL state and
I dont want to set it to PLAYING state when  I've changed the state of
another filesrc/decoder.
(This happens for example when I want to change two inputs at the same time)

I've tried using a bin with the filesrc and decoder, but the state
propagates the same way.

How can I limit the scope of a state change?

Thanks.