d3dvideosink

Jon Lovewell jon at csoftware.co.uk
Thu Nov 7 02:08:03 PST 2013

Hello everyone

I have just encountered an issue with the d3dvideosink.  I am using it in a pipeline for h264 encoded video over RTP from an Axis Video Encoder.  The pipeline is just a simple playbin one.

The sink is reporting the video width/height as 720 x 480 with a calculated display ratio of 15/11 and that it will keep the video width, scaling the image to 720 x 528.

Only occasionally will gstreamer play the video without crashing.  When it does play the image is washed out and has lots of 'noise' with the lower half of the image having a green tint.

Video Caps negotiated by the sink are as follows

                Type:                                     video/x-raw
                Format:                                I420
                Width:                                  720
                Height:                                 480
                Pixel-aspect-ratio:           10/11
                Interlace-mode:               progressive
                Colorimetry:                       bt601
                Framerate:                         0/1

I have not encountered an issue with any similar pipelines using other sources however, for all of these sources the sink reports that it will keep the video height and no scaling takes place.

Any help, tips, hints or suggestions are most appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Jon