clutter-gst integration example

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Thu Nov 7 14:31:06 PST 2013

Le jeudi 07 novembre 2013 à 16:14 -0500, Brian Duffy a écrit :

> I found this clutter-gst example on the gstreamer site and I am
> wondering ... Will this code take advantage of VA-API if I have the
> gstreamer-vaapi plugin installed?

In 0.10 it was taking advantage of it already, though I'm not sure if
all of that has been ported to 1.X yet. Starting from 1.2, the
infrastructure is complete and it's just a matter of time (if not
already done) that this will come back. You need gstreamer-vaapi for
that though, which is not maintained by GStreamer project.

Nicolas