iOS: AURemoteIO at 0x31ab420: IOThread exiting with error 0x10004006

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Nov 9 09:31:01 PST 2013

On Sa, 2013-11-09 at 18:17 +0100, Elio Francesconi wrote:
> hi Sebastian,
> thanks again for your time you spent with my issues.
> I did some tests with a basic application, so to be reproducible, and it seems the issue on osxaudiosrc is a different one, I’ll try to create a base pipeline to explain better how the issue occurs.
>
> In the mean time  I  created a simple pipeline so to test the osxaudiosrc module and I noticed that with this simple pipeline the audio captured with my iphone5 (iOS 7.0.3) is distorted.
>
> To reproduce the issue I modified the tutorial2 using the pipeline below and I started on my linux client your script: ./client-PCMA.sh
> osxaudiosrc ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! alawenc ! rtppcmapay ! udpsink host=192.168.1.6 port=5011
>
>  Did I miss to set some osxaudiosrc properties or do you think it is a bug?

It is a bug, the default settings should never result in distorted audio
and ideally also none of the possible settings :) Do you also have
distorted audio if you just output it on the same device? You could test
with a capsfilter after osxaudiosrc with different formats and sample
rates, and also with different latency-time and buffer-time settings on
osxaudiosrc to see if any of these make the audio not distorted.

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com