d3dvideosink

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Nov 9 09:51:11 PST 2013

On Do, 2013-11-07 at 10:08 +0000, Jon Lovewell wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> I have just encountered an issue with the d3dvideosink.  I am using it in a pipeline for h264 encoded video over RTP from an Axis Video Encoder.  The pipeline is just a simple playbin one.
>
> The sink is reporting the video width/height as 720 x 480 with a calculated display ratio of 15/11 and that it will keep the video width, scaling the image to 720 x 528.
>
> Only occasionally will gstreamer play the video without crashing.  When it does play the image is washed out and has lots of 'noise' with the lower half of the image having a green tint.
>
> Video Caps negotiated by the sink are as follows
>
>                 Type:                                     video/x-raw
>                 Format:                                I420
>                 Width:                                  720
>                 Height:                                 480
>                 Pixel-aspect-ratio:           10/11
>                 Interlace-mode:               progressive
>                 Colorimetry:                       bt601
>                 Framerate:                         0/1
>
> I have not encountered an issue with any similar pipelines using other sources however, for all of these sources the sink reports that it will keep the video height and no scaling takes place.
>
> Any help, tips, hints or suggestions are most appreciated.

Does it work properly if you use videotestsrc and force the exact same
caps on d3dvideosink? That would help to isolate the problem, if it's in
the sink or more likely somewhere upstream.

Also where and how exactly does it crash? Could you get a backtrace for
the crash? Unfortunately you'll have to use gdb for that right now (or
one of the frontends, like Dr. Mingw).

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com