something about RTP streaming

Marc Leeman marc.leeman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 03:09:00 PST 2013

> did you mean that I don't have to transmit the "config" with rtsp and rtp
> itself can get it done?

Yes.

the config-interval will prepend the sps/pps before the i-frame so you
can start decoding from the moment you have an I-frame. It's pretty
handy to allow any number of devices to listen to a stream that is
already alive. With this, you do not need RTSP or SIP or SAP.

What the others are describing here is that the config data (sps/pps)
is passed along out of band via RTSP. Personally; I think this should
only be done on top of multiplexing it in the RTP stream, but not as a
sole means of distribution.

/my 2c