buffer probe data out of sync for subtitle text pad

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Nov 12 23:59:55 PST 2013

On Di, 2013-11-12 at 21:58 -0500, Dece Bel wrote:
> Thank you Sebastian!!
>
> I can now access the subtitle stream that is closely sync'ed up with the
> video. I am using *appsink *as suggested on the playbin2 *text-sink *property
> to pull the text buffer and computing the running time using base time and
> clock.
>
> One issue that I now have is that subtitle is not displayed on the  final
> video. Is this because of using *appsink *on the *text-sink *property
> instead of an actual text processing element. Any idea how I can fix this -
> get the subtitle text and timestamp in my console output and also display
> the same on the final video.

Yes, the job of the text-sink is to display it somehow, so you would
have to overlay it on the video yourself now.

Alternative would be to continue to use a pad probe, collect segment
information there and then intercept buffers and synchronize them the
same way (just don't block for synchronization from the pad probe
callback, do that in another thread).

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com