Current Position of Stream at receiver side in RTP

danil4u danil4u at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 00:59:24 PST 2013

Hi,
   I'm using using RTP to stream my video data from Server to Client. It
works fine.

Now I want to show the progress bar on server and client, on server side I
could able to do it using the gst_element_query_positon() but on client
side(received side) If I use the same API even though I get current time but
it seems it is gst pipeline time, that means even though I don't get data
from server, this time is still increasing. Is there anyway of knowing the
time information from received RTP packet? how to print that timestamps
value into some local variable?

thanks