Adjusting the videorate for an mjpeg stream

Severin Kacianka severin.kacianka at aau.at
Thu Nov 14 05:13:19 PST 2013

On 11/14/2013 09:08 AM, Severin Kacianka wrote:
> On 11/13/2013 10:10 PM, Sebastian Dröge wrote:
>> On Mi, 2013-11-13 at 16:33 +0400, Andrey Nikitin wrote:
>>> This list (VIDIOC_ENUM_FMT) does not have your "30/10" fps, 5,
>>> 7.5, 10, 15, 20, 24 and 30 fps only.
>>
>> And the problem in the pipeline is probably that videorate proxies
>> the 30/20 framerate to the source, and that fails to configure that
>> rate. Try adding a supported framerate on the first capsfilter.
>
> I am currently not physically next to the camera (so I can't wave my
> hand in front of it to see the FPS change :)), but I can confirm that
> these rate do work.

I just tested it with the actual camera: while the rate is accepted by
gstreamer the rate is not reduced in any way. No matter what value I set
the framerate, it will always send at the same rate (my guess is 30fps).

I am a bit in a hurry now, but will later or tomorrow try running it
with GST_DEBUG=6.

Cheers,
Severin