HELP gst-launch can not decode mp3 normally when running on lexra(MIPS like) CPU

Diaz Soho soho123.2012 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 05:59:08 PST 2013

> # # gst-launch-0.10 -v playbin2
> > uri=http://192.168.1.3:9000/disk/DLNA-PNMP3-OP01-F
> > LAGS01700000/O0$1$8I28173.mp3
>
> Looks like 'mad' is being used for mp3 decoding (possibly not the most
> efficient decoder for embedded system).
>
> I think you'll have to simplify the pipeline and try things like:
>

> gst-launch-0.10 http://192.168.1.3:9000/disk/DLNA-PNMP3-OP01-F !
> mpegaudioparse ! mad ! fakesink dump=true
>
> gst-launch-0.10 http://192.168.1.3:9000/disk/DLNA-PNMP3-OP01-F !
> mpegaudioparse ! mad ! alsasink
>
> gst-launch-0.10 http://192.168.1.3:9000/disk/DLNA-PNMP3-OP01-F !
> mpegaudioparse ! mad ! audioconvert ! alsasink
>
> gst-launch-0.10 http://192.168.1.3:9000/disk/DLNA-PNMP3-OP01-F !
> mpegaudioparse ! mad ! audioconvert ! audio/x-raw-int,width=16 !
> alsasink
>
> etc.
>
> Shouldn't there be some mp3 decoder that makes use of the DSP on the
> Lexra system? (Maybe it needs to be wrapped into a GStreamer element)

Hi Tim,

Thanks a lot for your input!
I will try it.
And there is no DSP support by my embedd Lexra CPU.
Do you mean maybe I have to use another mp3 decoder that may have more
efficient than mad, right?
As your opinion, which mp3 decoder have more efficient that most people
used?

thanks again!!

Best Regards,
Soho