Problem ending filesink

yoyosuper8 yoyosuper8 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 15 10:36:31 PST 2013

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to send a EOS message to finalize the
filesink and terminate the file that is saving to properly. At the moment,
data is being saved to a file, but not finalizing it properly.

Here is my pipeline:

( "filesrc location=/storage/sdcard0/sampledat blocksize=614400 ! " +
  "capsfilter
caps=\"video/x-raw,format=NV12,width=320,height=240,framerate=30/1\" ! " +
  "videoconvert ! amcvidenc-omxtiducati1videoh264e bitrate=300
i-frame-interval=8 ! " +
  "h264parse ! qtmux ! filesink location=" + "/storage/sdcard0/test.avi";

What I'm doing is that I have a button that starts this pipeline, but I want
to press another button that "stops" the recording and finalizes the
recorded file properly. I just don't know how to send an EOS message across
the pipeline or filesink to terminate properly.

Any ideas please?

Thank you
Andy