couldnt pass the GstBuffer to the srcpad.

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Sun Nov 17 02:43:01 PST 2013

On Sun, 2013-11-17 at 08:47 +0000, Shi, John wrote:

> some interesting progress..
> And I find if i pass the income_buffer to the pipeline, it works fine,
> it must be some thing wrong with my new create GstBuffer or I forget
> to set some thing for the buffer.

If the element after your element is rtph264pay, then it wants encoded
H.264 video buffers as input. Your element, however, appears to be a
*decoder*, so to me it seems like you're trying to put elements together
that don't belong together. If you want to payload H.264 video, there's
no need to decode usually (maybe encode, but not decode). If you want to
payload raw video frames, use rtpvrawpay (not recommended, very high
bandwidth, will cause lots of problems).

Cheers
 -Tim