Correct Error handling with filesrc "Resource not found" and demux

adrien_sch adrien.schwartzentruber at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 01:36:31 PST 2013

Hello guys,

Simple question to clarify one case : How to correctly handle a "Resource
not found" error on a pipeline like this : filesrc ! matroskademux

My first answer was that I have to send a EOS event in filesrc, and it may
be forwarded in the bus, but I didn't see it.

Second answer, was that I may quit directly the loop and downgrade my state
to NULL. It didn't work beacause after a while I got an error : Too many
open files (predictable but I tried).

Third answer : It will be to add a probe between the filesrc and the demux
element to catch the EOS event and then quit the main loop. The problem is
that the EOS event will not be processed by the demux element and it's sound
a bit dirty. Note : the demux sink pad aren't created because any data has
been forward to it.

Gstreamer Version : 1.0.8

Thank for your help.