getting assertion `GST_IS_PAD (pad)' failed on calling gst_element_remove_pad

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Nov 22 11:43:40 PST 2013

On Di, 2013-11-19 at 17:08 +0530, Yogesh Tyagi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am getting following error when I am trying to play a media file with my
> sample gstreamer player:
>

> (im_gst_play:3723): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid uninstantiatable type
> `(null)' in cast to `GstPad'
>
> (im_gst_play:3723): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_remove_pad:
> assertion `GST_IS_PAD (pad)' failed
>
> [...]
>
>  Can somebody help me to find out why this assertion is getting generated?

That assertion means that the pointer you pass there is either NULL or a
random pointer. Maybe you destroyed the pad before already?

In any case, it's not necessary to remove pads from elements in their
finalize function. GstElement already does that for you.

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com