Using videomixer and alpha channel

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Nov 22 11:51:57 PST 2013

On Mi, 2013-11-20 at 12:10 +0100, Eric Trousset wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using, videomixer to mixer to streams, but it seems the alpha channel is not used for the mixing, eg, part of the image with a 0 alpha aren't transparent...
>
> Is there a way to enable alpha transparency in the video mixer?

Are you making sure that the video input to videomixer is still having
the alpha channel, i.e. there's no videoconvert element in front of it
that converts it to something without alpha channel?

The blending code in videomixer should use the alpha channel already.

> Also, I am using imagefreeze to display a still image. Is there a way to make this element to ask the source for a new image at some point?

There isn't, but it could be implemented with some custom event. Or
maybe all this should just handle the request-keyunit event. Nothing is
implemented yet for that.

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com