Freezing the output of as src element

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Nov 22 12:15:06 PST 2013

On Fr, 2013-11-22 at 10:05 +0100, Eric Trousset wrote:
> Hi
> I am currently writing a source element that needs to output a buffer only when a event is triggered, but for now the create function is called in loop, and if I wait for my event in it, my application's run loop is blocked to.
>
> I tried to figure out how the imagefreeze plugin works but couldn't manage to understand how the pas task is working.
>
> Can someone give me some hints on how to make the create function blocking until I get an event (I have a wait function for this event).

You should be able to just block in the create function. Network sources
are doing that for example.

What exactly is the backtrace of all threads when you try to do that and
it locks up your application too?

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com