gstreamer pipeline to mix two audio source and control the volume of the individula files.

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Nov 22 12:18:36 PST 2013

On Fr, 2013-11-22 at 02:55 -0800, baibhavk wrote:
> I want to construct a pipeline that will mix two different audio files, i
> have an example pipleline that will mix the file using "adder" , but i am
> not sure if i can control the volume of the individual files using added. I
> need your help in constructing this pipeline.
>
> My pipeline that mix two audio files is :
>     gst-launch-1.0 uridecodebin uri=file:///home/meh/Music/Fonky\ Family-\
> L\'amour\ Du\ Risque-MGvSx-foo3E.wav ! adder name = m ! autoaudiosink
> uridecodebin uri=file:///home/meh/Music/kendrick.wav ! audioconvert ! m.

With newer versions of adder (and audiomixer) you can change the volume
of each pad. The sinkpads of adder have a "volume" property that you can
set.

With older versions you'll have to add a volume element in front of each
adder pad, and change the "volume" property of them.

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com