Avoiding the GST_PLUGIN_PATH Environment Variable on Windows

gordeaoux gordon.nickel at downstream.com
Fri Nov 22 13:53:00 PST 2013

Is there a way to tell GStreamer where the plugin directory is without
setting an environment variable?

The app is in c++ and uses gst_parse_launch() to create the pipeline. I know
there's a way to tell gst-launch of the plugin path, but I couldn't find a
comparable function in regular GStreamer.

I have a few different projects that rely on GStreamer, but are on different
versions, so it would be convenient to not have to set the variable every
time I switch apps or install a new one.