Timestamp problem...

Eric Trousset etrousset at awox.com
Mon Nov 25 08:16:15 PST 2013

Hi,

In my effort to write a src element, and to mix the outgoing buffers with a video stream(at the moment, I just have 1 stream, I'll had the media later on), I need to timestamp those buffers.

So I tried two things:

-          First I tried calling gst_base_src_do_timestamp, but it seems to have no effect. My outgoing buffers are still not timestamped. I tried to give a clock to the source element using the gst_system_clock_obtain, or getting one from the pipeline with no chance...

-          Secondly I tried timestamping the outgoing buffer myself. Wath I did is in the start, call set_clock with the system clock, and call set_base_time with time from the same clock. The in the create function I set PTSand DTS to current_time - base_time. This is not far from work, but still it seem the video sink drops a lot of frame and the display is not updated very often.

Any advice on how to properly set my time stamps (videomixer seems to need those).
Also, when I query the position to my pipeline, it changes only when the video sink drop frames and display a new buffer.

Regards,
Eric T.