A tsdemuxer PIDs property

Duncan Palmer dpalmer at digisoft.tv
Wed Nov 27 01:11:07 PST 2013

A useful use-case for having a tsdemux which doesn't first parse the
PAT/PMT from the stream, is to reduce channel zap time on a DVB network.
The PAT & PMT contents are stored somewhere else (e.g. a database), and you
can save yourself a few hundred milliseconds by pulling pids and other
information from the database rather than waiting for the tables to arrive
at the demux. As Edward mentioned tho, there would need to be some generic
mechanism to allow the tsdemux to determine caps etc. for the source pads.