RTP streaming

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Nov 27 01:12:38 PST 2013

On Di, 2013-11-26 at 22:03 +0530, satish kumar wrote:
> hi,
>
> I am using VLC as streaming server and gstreamer 0.10.36 for client. I am
> using playbin2 for playing the stream.
>
> When I am using the following command:
>
> ./helloworld udp://127.0.0.1:5000 its working fine
>
> but when using
>
> ./helloworld rtp://127.0.0.1:5000, its not working and error is displayed
> as no URI handler for rtp.
>
> Can anyone specify why not working in second case?
>
> Am I missing something?

There is no defined rtp:// URI scheme. For using RTP you need additional
information about the stream, like the encoding used and the clock-rate
and other things. This is automatically done for you via RTSP or
something else using SDP, if you use RTP without anything else you need
to provide these parameters as caps to the depayloader.

Take a look at the scripts in gst-plugins-good/tests/examples/rtp for
examples. You'll need to understand how exactly VLC is creating the
stream, what exactly you get send there via UDP.

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com