how to crate pipe if usb sound card support mp3 decoder when using gst-launch?

Diaz Soho soho123.2012 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 05:23:31 PST 2013

> Please don't do cross-posting to multiple mailing lists if not really
> required.

Sorry for inconvenience!!!

> To answer your questions, yes that's possible. Does your ALSA driver for
> that USB soundcard support MP3? Are you using PulseAudio or ALSA
> directly?

I use ALSA directly. Do not use PulseAudio.
I am not sure whether ALSA sound driver support MP3 or not.
the usb alsa driver is linux kernel built-in(linux-2.6.30)
how to confirm the issue ? do you have idea?

> In general just using playbin without providing any audio sink should
> automatically let the MP3 be decoded on the soundcard if you use a
> recent GStreamer version. And a simple
>   filesrc location=file.mp3 ! mpegaudioparse ! alsasink
> or
>   filesrc location=file.mp3 ! mpegaudioparse ! pulsesink
> for example should work too.

I use gstreamer v0.10.36.
do you have idea about whether the version support the function that you
mentioned?

thanks!