How to compile gstreamer-vaapi on Debian Sid ? Got this message : "No package 'libva' found"

thibaut bethune thibaut.bethune at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 10:42:36 PST 2013

Hi,

I'd like to test gstreamer-vaapi on my Intel Ivy Bridge system.

I've tried previously to compile sources [1] but i got this message
while running $ ./autogen.sh : "No package 'gstreamer-basevideo-1.0'
found"

On Oct 21, Halley Zhao kindly suggested me here to try with
"--with-gstreamer-api=1.2" for the autogen.sh.

Now gstreamer-vaapi 0.5.7 is out since a few days and I tried again to
compile sources : it seems that the above tip given by Halley Zhao is
not needed anymore.

But now i get this message :
"checking for LIBVA... no
configure: error: Package requirements (libva >= 0.30.4) were not met:
No package 'libva' found"

However on my Debian Sid amd64 system i do have libva1 1.2.1-2 installed.

Is the problem related to the name of the package in Debian repository
(libva vs libva1) ?

Could you please help me or tell me where can i find information on
how compiling gstreamer-vaapi for Debian ?

Thanks !

Thibaut, France.

[1]https://gitorious.org/vaapi/gstreamer-vaapi/