avdec_mpeg4 ! avenc_mpeg4

Carlos Rafael Giani dv at pseudoterminal.org
Fri Nov 29 12:43:37 PST 2013

On 2013-11-29 21:18, Frédéric Sallé wrote:
> /gst-launch-1.0 -vvv udpsrc port=11010 caps="application/x-rtp" !
> rtpmp4vdepay ! avdec_mpeg4 ! avenc_mpeg4 ! matroskamux ! filesink
> location=test.mkv//
> /

Using an mpeg4 parser helps. Here is the sender pipeline:

gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! avenc_mpeg4 ! rtpmp4vpay config-interval=1
! udpsink host=localhost port=11010

And the receiver:

gst-launch-1.0 -vvv udpsrc port=11010 caps="application/x-rtp" !
rtpmp4vdepay ! mpeg4videoparse ! matroskamux ! filesink
location=misc/test.mkv

Note three things: One, you might have to use your machine's IP address
instead of localhost. Second, the config-interval property of rtpmp4vpay
must be set to a nonzero value (or you need some other way to
communicate MPEG4 headers to the receiver). Third, I added the
mpeg4videoparse element between the depayloader and matroskamux.

cheers