rtsp server from android to pc

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at mutualink.net
Tue Oct 1 12:24:39 PDT 2013

OK, your pipeline is contained in the call to
gst_rtsp_media_factory_set_launch. First, check if you have a valid
pipeline. You need to set up a "server" and a "client". They can be on the
same computer. I know how to do it in Linux but am not sure in Windows.
This assumes the same computer.

Server: gst-launch -v videotestsrc is-live=1 ! x264enc ! rtph264pay
name=pay0 pt=96* | udpsink host=127.0.0.1 port=6000*
Client: gst-launch -v udpsink port=6000 ! rtph264depay byte-stream=true !
video/x-h264 ! ffdec_h264 \
    ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink sync=false

These may not work exactly as I have entered them, you may have to make
small changes. Such as:

Client: gst-launch -v udpsink port=6000 !
'application/x-rtp,media=video,payload=96,clock-rate=90000,encoding-name=H264'
! rtph264depay ...

Also, xvimagesink may not be available on your system. Use gst-inspect
xvimagesink to see.

You should spend some time with the basic GStreamer to learn how to use it,
how to enable logging and what the log messages mean. That will take a
couple of days (well, I am still learning after more than a year). You have
jumped into the 'deep end of the swimming pool' without learning how to
swim. You need to learn the basics first. I don't have any idea about using
android. Hopefully someone else will fill in with that.