Problem videomixer when migrating from 0.10.19 to 0.10.36

alet at librelogiciel.com alet at librelogiciel.com
Tue Oct 1 21:55:04 PDT 2013

Hi there,

I know these are old releases, but I try my luck anyway...

When migrating the very same code which works on a Debian Lenny (5.0.10)
box with 0.10.19 to a Debian Wheezy (7.1) with 0.10.36, I encounter a
problem linking a bin to a videomixer element : the error is "caps are
incompatible".

The very same image and video sources were used in both versions, but
with newer releases linking fails.

The bin is composed of these elements :

  filesrc ! pngdec ! alphacolor ! videoscale ! queue

Then when I'm trying to link this bin to the videomixer it doesn't
succeed on the newer release.

I'll try to create some small demo as soon as possible, but I ask now
anyway just in case someone knows what could be wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help

--
Jerome Alet