block filesrc

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Oct 3 02:41:10 PDT 2013

On Thu, 2013-10-03 at 14:53 +0530, jyoti kulkarni wrote:

Hi,

> In my case the client will not disconnects, but it will tell server to
> wait for some time until it consumes all the received buffers and then
> continue again. Is there a way so that i can ask filesrc to stop
> sending buffers for some time then resume again.

If you block in your sink in the render function, filesrc will not send
any more buffers. The streaming thread basically works like this:

 while (want_to_run) {
   buf = filesrc_read_buf ()
   filesink_render_buf (buf)
 }

So filesrc_read() will not be called again until render_buf() returns.

Cheers
 -Tim