rtsp server from android to pc

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at mutualink.net
Thu Oct 3 09:09:38 PDT 2013

Yes, so it must be some kind of platform specific problem. You need a
detailed log from the android/server to see why it isn't working. There are
several things that happen 'behind the scenes' that can cause this
behavior. I just encountered one myself that an element called
'input-selector' wasn't installed on a system. I was simply using a
different Linux system to test a working server. To find that I set
GST_DEBUG=*:3. The logging in GStreamer leaves a lot to be desired. When
there are fatal errors (errors that prevent the process from succeeding),
they should be caught higher up and result in a GST_ERROR message.
Currently, that doesn't happen too well and catastrophic errors can easily
go un-reported.