[gst-plugins-good-1-1-4] :: libgstsouphttpsrc.dll fails => Invalid access to memory location

Hugo MACHEFER hugo.machefer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 18:30:50 PDT 2013

I currently work on GSTREAMER-1-1-4 and plugins for Win32. Generated by
MinGW. At a moment, I faced the following issue detected at runtime
'/Invalid access to memory location/' for some GSTREAMER plugins  -meaning
DLL- and applied advice detected there =>
http://mingw.5.n7.nabble.com/How-to-create-a-relocatable-dll-with-mingw-td14548.html#a32635.
Execution happened to become "fortunate", then as a consequence of forcing
'gcc -shared'

APART from one plugin:  libgstsouphttpsrc.dll
<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n4662385/libgstsouphttpsrc.dll>
here enclosed. By processing basic analysis :
$ objdump -f libgstsouphttpsrc.dll

        ./libgstsouphttpsrc.dll:     file format pei-i386
        architecture: i386, flags 0x0000013b:
        HAS_RELOC, EXEC_P, HAS_DEBUG, HAS_SYMS, HAS_LOCALS, D_PAGE
        start address 0x70001060

I came to realize that libgstsouphttpsrc.dll content sounds good. As seen
above.
At least: similar to other    /usr/local/lib/gstreamer-1.0/___*.dll   by
what objdump gives as a result.

The command line disclosed by <libtool> to build "libgstsouphttpsrc.dll" at
the end of <make install> for gst-plugins-good-1-1-4 looks fine. Excerpt :
$ gcc -shared ... libgstsouphttpsrc.dll.def
libgstsouphttpsrc_la-gstsouphttpsrc.o ... -o libgstsouphttpsrc.dll ...
Complete and exact logs havelibGstSoupHttpSrc.txt been attached as well in "
libGstSoupHttpSrc.txt
<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n4662385/libGstSoupHttpSrc.txt>
".

Manually, I changed cmd line to add few parameters that were supposed to get
rid of failure at runtime:
$ gcc -shared -Wl,--embedded-relocs libgstsouphttpsrc.dll.def
libgstsouphttpsrc_la-gstsouphttpsrc.o ... -o libgstsouphttpsrc.dll ...
But the result remains the same: execution still breaks down around 'Invalid
access to memory location'.

I have grabed and experimented other suggestions (rebase /b 0x...
'libgstsouphttpsrc.dll') : unsuccessfully.

I feel ready to investigate on this serious painful issue, provided whatever
instructions may be given
to make a progress. By the way, I use gcc MinGW 4.8.1. Of course I have
shared this concern with Mingw-mailing-list but it's important to inform the
rest of GSTREAMER community as well.