Using AppSrc with RTSP Server

cfadeley chrisfadeley at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 15:01:22 PDT 2013

All

I am trying to implement the same system described above.  I have downloaded
the revision to the media factory files but I am still facing an issue.

It seems that the gst-rtsp-server doesnt actually initialize the full
pipeline until a connection is made to the stream.  until then it just sits
and waits.

Because of this fact, the gst_rtsp_media_factory_get_element function
continues to return NULL since no elements have been created yet.

Ive been setting everything up and then running   g_main_loop_run (loop);

Since this call blocks, I can not run anything else unless I were to run it
in a seperate thread.  I decided to make my own infinite loop where I
constantly try getting the element using gst_rtsp_media_factory_get_element,
but this seemed to block out any connections from being made.  I guess
g_main_loop_run(loop) does some other initialization for connections that I
am not aware of?

How have you guys gotten past this situation? Can anyone provide sample code
of their server application using it with these modifications and appsrc? Is
there a way to prepare the pipeline and initialize all the elements without
getting an initial connection?