Playback Midi Synchronous to Video

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Wed Oct 9 17:46:01 PDT 2013

Le mercredi 09 octobre 2013 à 02:25 +0200, Lucas Wendel a écrit :
> Are you sure that works with a midi file too and not just with audio files?

I had to dig a lot to get fluiddec to work, needed soundfonts and then
installation path was not the one expected by GStreamer. But the
conclusion is that at the moment it does not work in GES because the
MIDI file are not seekable. I have no idea if this is a limitation of
the format, or just a limitation of GStreamer. Somehow, one would encode
the midi into an MP3 though.

Nicolas