android h264 hardware encoding

Ole Bromose ob at dansound.dk
Mon Oct 14 11:00:46 CEST 2013

On 10/14/2013 03:33 AM, yoyosuper8 wrote:
> So how can you tell if your android device supports hardware encoding? Where
> do I look to find out if it does support h264 hardware enconding?
> The Pandaboard we are using is just temporary. We are not using it as a
> final device for our app.
>
> Thank you
> Andy

Are You developing a board with the OMAP device? Or are you developing an App to be run on existing Android phones/tablets?

In the former case the device supports acceleration. In the latter case there is a lot of information on the Net, see for instance:

http://bigflake.com/mediacodec/#DecodeEditEncodeTest
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11430603/how-to-capture-h-264-encoded-frame-in-android

Best regards
Ole