Gstreamer Android - tutorials 3,4 and 5 fail to run

distran distran.sensors at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 15:57:57 CEST 2013

Hello.

I am trying to develop a simple application in Android that would receive a
video stream generated on another computer and display it. I tried to go
through tutorials on Gstreamer SDK website
(http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Android+tutorials), and I got
stuck with tutorial 3.

I manage to compile all the tutorials, but when I try to run any of
tutorials 3, 4 or 5, I get an error "Unfortunately, GStreamer tutorial 3 has
stopped.". I try to run those tutorials on Nexus 10, using Android 4.3.

So what happens exactly? I figured out there is a problem with a surface
that is created in those tutorials. Let's try to discuss it on the example
of tutorial 3. I get an error:

in the line 132 of Tutorial3.java: nativeSurfaceInit (holder.getSurface());

Below there is a part of log file, when I get this error:

Do you have any suggestions how to solve this issue or what is it caused by?
All the other tutorials (from Playback and Basic sections) always worked
straight away, and I am really confused where to look the cause of the
problem here.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Michal