[ORC] : Win32 => testsuite/orcc compilation is broken by Mingw

Sebastian Dröge slomo at coaxion.net
Mon Oct 14 21:11:52 CEST 2013

On Mo, 2013-10-14 at 09:31 -0700, Hugo MACHEFER wrote:
> I just noticed that ORC compilation as a standalone feature (by MinGW) is
> harshly damaged.
> ORC has been retrieved this way: git clone
> http://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/gstreamer/orc.git.
>
> ORC compilation concludes badly on these failures:
>
> /../../tools/orcc.exe --include stdint.h --implementation -o testorc.c
> ../test.orc
> In function memcpy_aligned_n16:
> error: line 2381: unknown opcode: n/

You apparently did not install GIT with "Checkout as-is, Commit as-is",
which then causes the line endings to be broken and mixed. That also
explains your required usage of dos2unix.

Call "git config core.autocrlf false", remove cerbero and everything
else and start again from the beginning, then everything should work
much smoother.