[Gstreamer-SDK] :: WIN32 => cerbero bootstrap fails by MinGw due to rpl_xxx undefined references

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 12:42:50 CEST 2013

2013/10/14 urbainegis <urbain.egis at gmail.com>

> Bad luck: next stage seems seriously broken, once more ;-( in my case :
>
> /make[3]: Entering directory
>
> `/usr/home/urbain.egis/cerbero/sources/build-tools/orc-tool-0.4.16/testsuite/orcc'
> ../../tools/orcc.exe --include stdint.h --implementation -o testorc.c
> ../test.orc
> In function memcpy_aligned_n16:
> error: line 2381: unknown opcode: n
> error: duplicate variable name: d1
> error: duplicate variable name: s1
> error: destination "d1" written multiple times
> error: variable "(null)" used before being written/
>
> Much more exhaustive  logs
> <
> http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n4662587/orcByCerberoBuildFail.txt
> >
> attached here.
>
> Hi,

I think you both are experiencing the sames issues because you didn't
install correctly git using the instructions provided in the documentation.
There is an important step in the git installation in Windows, which is
selecting the option:
"Checkout as-is, Commit as-is"

If you haven't selected this option you will probably have a warning when
starting the bootstrap command. The problem with not checking out this
option is that git won't respect the line endings and therefore it will
break the build of almost all projects.
First of all, could you please check that git is configured properly to
respect the line endings? This command should return "false"
git config --get core.autocrlf

If that's not correct, than you only have one option, wipe everything,
configure git properly and restart the build form scratch.
To wipe:
./cerbero-uninstalled -c yourconfig.cbc wipe --build-tools
rm -rf ~/cerbero/

  -- Egis

> --

Andoni Morales Alastruey