[Android] problem with egladaption/eglglessink on some devices/emulator and fatal error

Sebastian Dröge slomo at coaxion.net
Wed Oct 16 12:49:41 CEST 2013

On Mi, 2013-10-16 at 02:58 -0700, distran wrote:
> Hey all.
>
> I am a getting to know GStreamer. I was trying to develop a simple Android
> application that would receive a network stream generated on Desktop pc. I
> got stuck in displaying simple video (e.g. videotestsrc) on some of my
> Android devices and I have no clue where to go next.
>
> First the description of my setup. For development I am using Nexus 10
> (Android 4.3, API 18), Android emulators (different API's, tested on API's
> 9, 10, 16, 17) and a phone LG-P990 (Android 2.3.4, API 10). I develop on
> Ubuntu 13.04 (64 bit) and I am using Android NDK r9 (newest one). I was
> trying to run tutorial 3 from the website
> (http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Android+tutorial+3%3A+Video) using
> two GStreamer SDK's:
> - GStreamer SDK 2013.6 (Congo, avalible at
> http://cdn.gstreamer.com/android/arm/gstreamer-sdk-android-arm-debug-2013.6.tar.bz2)
> - GStreamer 1.2 (newest one, avalible at
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/pkg/android/1.2.0/gstreamer-1.0-android-arm-1.2.0-debug.tar.bz2)
>
> Of course, running tutorial 3 using GStreamer 1.2 required some minor
> changes in code:
> - Android.mk:
> 	change GSTREAMER_SDK_ROOT to GSTREAMER_ROOT, so that it fits the variable
> defined at gstreamer-1.0.mk
> 	change gstreamer.mk to gstreamer-1.0.mk and gstreamer-video-0.10 to
> gstreamer-video-1.0 (and also remove interfaces)
> - tutorial-3.c
> 	change #include <gst/interfaces/xoverlay.h> to #include
> <gst/video/videooverlay.h>
> 	change all occurences of "x_overlay" string to "video_overlay"
>         change ffmpegcolorspace to videoconvert
>
> Taking into consideration those changes, I was able to run demos on LG-P990
> phone (Android 2.3.4), but I was not able to make it work neither on Nexus
> 10 nor any of emulators. I get different errors from Nexus and from
> emulators, but I feel the origin of those errors is the same.
>
> From what I inferred, the problem is connected with creating the surface to
> display video. In both cases (emulator and Nexus 10) the error is generated
> after invoking nativePause() in Tutorial3.java - line 108 (which invokes
> gst_native_pause of tutorial-3.c line 247, where gst_element_set_state
> (data->pipeline, GST_STATE_PAUSED) function is invoked).
>
> Function gst_element_set_state (data->pipeline, GST_STATE_PAUSED) is being
> succesfully invoked and afterwards the error appears. Here is the part of
> log from Emulator where error occurs (full log listed at the end of the
> post):
>

> and below there is part of the log where error happens on Nexus device (full
> log listed below):
>

> An error on Emulator from GStreamer1.2 is slightly different (more elements
> report) but apart from some more warnings the same errors appear.
>
> Could any of you reproduce such error, or happened to see it before? Do you
> [...]

You forgot to attach the logs. But please file a bug about this at
http://bugzilla.gnome.org against GStreamer. This is definitely a bug
and should be fixed (and even if in doubt if something is a bug or not,
tracking such issues is better done in a bugtracker than on a mailing
list).

Do I understand you correctly that it worked fine on all these devices
with the version from gstreamer.com?