SDK Path

muriel moscardini muriel at fluendo.com
Wed Oct 16 17:35:56 CEST 2013

Thank you Sebastian for the nice introduction.

Indeed Fluendo and Collabora started the SDK approach for GStreamer 2
years ago to provide individuals and companies with an easy to use and
documented cross platform framework. Our goal was to help people adopt
GStreamer and get the best experience out of the box, we called it
"SDK". Fluendo and Collabora have been pushing and investing in
GStreamer and gather Gstreamer experts for years now.

And by the way, we take the opportunity to thank Sebastian who has
participated a lot to the SDK during the past 2 years and knows it very
well.

It turns out that, lately, GStreamer developers have decided to use the
tool developed in the SDK project and imported it in GStreamer's
repository using the name SDK and we all agree it creates confusion. We
would love that both teams could work more closely to avoid such
confusion for the users. We will all meet at the GStreamer conference in
that objective.

We are all behind GStreamer and behind the entire community using and
building on top of GStreamer.
Our goal is to make GStreamer being the de facto framework and provide
the best support to all kind of users.

So to summarize, you have
- gstreamer.org <http://gstreamer.org> providing the mainstream
GStreamer project, following the project road map fed by global
community needs. The root of GStreamer will be there, and the newest
versions will be there.
- gstreamer.com <http://gstreamer.com> providing the GStreamer SDK , fed
by customers, market need and application developers needs. The
GStreamer SDK has been created to ensure smooth and reliable support,
to people who often still need the 0.10 because migrating to a new major
release is not immediate when a shipping solution relies upon it. The
SDK is targeting people who need support for stable and also commercial
applications. We plan to migrate to 1.0 soon now.

We are happy to provide any type of information to avoid confusion and
not create more.
Feel free to contact us if needed.

Best regards

Muriel Paumier-Moscardini
CEO
Fluendo Influencing the multimedia world
New York, USA & Barcelona, SPAIN
Mobile: +1 917 293 5377
united States: +1 646 290 5176
Spain: +34 933 175 153
www.fluendo.com <http://www.fluendo.com/>

P**Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.**