how do you enable output of GST_DEBUG_OBJECT ?

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at mutualink.net
Wed Oct 16 22:47:40 CEST 2013

Google 'gstreamer debugging'. You ought to get a lot of hits. Here is some
information.

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/section-checklist-debug.html
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/pwg/html/section-checklist-debug.html
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/gstreamer-GstInfo.html

On Linux use 'export GST_DEBUG=<some element name>:<1-6?>,<some other
element>:<1-6>'

When you have a problem and don't know where it might be, start with
GST_DEBUG=*:3 which allows info level debugging from everything. Then you
can refine your logging as you get ideas about where the problem lies.